Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Great News!!!!!!

Well guys.............. God is so incredibly wonderful, good, loving, giving, beautiful, worthy of praise, and many other adjectives!!! I have been feeling great since a bout with food poisoning a few months ago. No problems whatsoever! The three of us have been thoroughly enjoying being a family and are about to celebrate, in six days to be exact, the one year anniversary of my pancreatectomy! We have also been celebrating the delightful news of God's grace and mercy concerning the fruitfulness of the womb....my womb!!!!! I am still in shock and am in tears just typing such news! I told Jeremy that my faith was so little that I was convinced we would never be able to have another child. I say that with great shame. I have constantly asked the Lord to forgive me since the doctor confirmed that I am truly with child! Wow! Who am I that God would ordain and bestow such blessings?!? We are so thankful and we give the glory and honor to the Lord, the Almighty, the King of Creation!
We contacted my docs in Minnesota, and they were happy to hear the news but were sure to tell us to be cautious, being that they were not sure if any patient had become expectant so soon after a pancreatectomy with an islet cell transplant. They told me to keep an eye on my blood sugar levels, being that my islet cells could easily become tired and could be ruined if not given proper care. I was warned that I would probably have to deal with gestational diabetes if I was to become expectant. My response was and is, "I can certainly deal with that!" A blessing from God in the form of a child is worth all the suffering in the world.
Elyse is so excited and I really think she understands the concept. She does not understand how long it will take for a baby to arrive because she keeps petting my tummy saying,"I hold him?!?" She keeps saying "him." We'll see! She has also been saying, with a sweet, tender voice, "Hey baby.....what you doin'....I pway wit you....You need somepin?" ha ha. She's so sweet!
Thank you all for the prayers that you have sent before the throne of God on our behalf. Our brothers and sisters in Christ have been so supportive and God has used you all in ways that you will never know. Thank you.
There are so many verses that come to mind in this season of rejoicing. I am reminded of Psalms 126:3 - "Jehovah has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."
A commentator wrote, "This passage acknowledges the hand of our God. Dues nobis haec otia fecit.. translated, 'God alone has given us this enlargement.' This is a burst of ecstatic joy....'Oh how happy we are!'"
And truly..... we are ecstatic and praise the One who has given us this life. Our prayer is that God would receive His due glory from this child and that we could raise our children in the admonition of His Word. Please pray for the salvation of both of our children.
I will try my best to keep you all posted throughout the pregnancy. God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment