Friday, November 13, 2009

Hey Y'all! It's me!

Well hello there everyone! It's me, Lace. I've been meaning to blog sooner but my darling husband has been doing such a grand job that I hated to take it away from him! Just to warn everyone, I will not be near as good at this as he is. Anyway, I sure do miss you all. The utube hellos from the church were absolutely wonderful and make me cry tears of longing and joy everytime I watch them. First off, I could not even begin thanking everyone who needs to be thanked. I mean, absolutely every person I know has been so helpful in so many ways. Thank you to everyone is the only way I know how to say it. Thank you Thank you. The prayers and cards and calls have been so encouraging and have helped keep my spirits up when they were not where they were supposed to be. God has been so good to me, guys. There's just no two ways about it. He has blessed in every corner of this situation, even corners that we didn't even know existed! God Almighty deserves all praise and honor!!! He has brought me and my family through this and has made us stronger in Him, more reliant upon Him, and happy in Him.
Today has been a wonderful, blessed day! My family took me to the mall of America where Jeremy pushed me in a wheelchair, constantly trying to keep me in it because I'd see something interesting and I'd try to jump up to get it or grab ahold of the wheels and start pushing myself. One thing I've had to learn through this whole thing is to let my family do things for me until I heal. For those of you who know me well, you know this is very difficult for me...but the Lord is teaching me day by day. He's allowed me to feel so much better that I feel I could do anything! Watch out, guys! Cause when I heal completely, y'all better move aside! Ha Ha.
I still have limitations though, and that's ok. My sugar is a pickle to get regulated, but it's a comin. I've had a few hurting spells today but nothing like it's been. The doc told me yesterday that it was ok to pick up Elyse so everytime I bend down to pick her up, my whole family gasps and holds their breath. They don't feel I should be doing that just yet...but what mother doesn't want to hold their child constantly? When I hold her, I squeeze her and smell of her and I close my eyes and thank God for putting her back into my arms again. When I look at her, I praise God for such a gift as she. She is my little loan of love, our gift from above and my desire is to give her back to the Lord so that He is most glorified. I feel a flood of emotions when my husband holds me. I just squeeze him, smell of him, thanking God for creating such a good man. If you guys don't understand what kind of man the Lord has brought me, well let me tell ya! Jeremy has been such a strong, God fearing, God glorifying, will seeking man through this whole ordeal. When my faith would become weary and my mind overwhelmed with narcotics and pain, he would hold me and quote scripture and remind me of how our Lord will never leave us and he would give me examples of how the Lord was working this for our good. During the long, dark nights, I could hear him whispering prayers on my behalf, begging God to ease my pain. Guys, I have the most wonderful man in the world! I am not bragging. I am so thankful because I know if he were not the one God created for me, that he would have left me a long time ago. He has had to deal with so much but he has looked to God for his strength and has been a husband to me that I will forever be greatful for.
My family is the same way. Mother, Daddy, Mr. Ricky, Mrs. Sharon. They have been by my side, holding my hand, reassuring me that everything will be ok. They have taken care of our precious daughter, which means more to a mother that almost anything. They have lifted me up in prayer constantly and have been there for every big and small request I have ever made. Thank y'all so much. I love you all more that I will ever be able to express. Daddy, thank you for plugging the ipod in my ears with songs that kept my thoughts on God. Thank you for reading scripture and songs to me, even when I was not very fun to be around. Mother, thank you for holding me, kissing me on my forhead and singing to me. Thank you for holding my hair back during those awful times of you know what...... Even the smell of you comforts me. It brings me back to my childhood of comfort and happiness.
I feel so much better, guys. It's so hard to explain. Yes, I still have surgical pains that are pretty uncomfortable but to have no pancreatic pain......it's unbelievable really! The moment I woke up in recovery, I was in extreme pain but I reached to feel where I normally hurt with pancreatitis, and it wasn't there!!! Not one bit! UNBELIEVABLE! After 12 years of this hideous pain, it's just...GONE! Glory be to our God!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really haven't told the story of my surgery and recovery and the details thereof. I'll do that tomorrow or the next day. I'm getting pretty tired now but I just wanted to share some of my thoughts with you all and express my gratitude, in some small way atleast. Thank y'all again for everything and thank you to the followers of this blog. Thank you for being interested and thank you for your prayers. May our God ever bless you!

Love,

Lacey

Some pictures of us at the mall..and of my first outing at the Sushi resturant.

Me and Elyse in the mall.



Isn't she a doll?


She went and got the shoes and wanted them on with her night gown.


Daddy and his girl at the sushi resturant.

Me and Mother celebrating my first tempura (fried) sushi!!





5 comments:

  1. Lacey,
    It's so good to finally hear from you! We're so thankful that you are feeling better. I knew it wouldn't be long before you made that trip to the mall! You deserve it! I always knew Jeremy would make a good husband, but my goodness, you are right, he is one strong fella. God matched you two up perfectly. I look forward to the many memories we will all make in the upcoming years...It makes me so excited to think about you having a "new" life!! I picked up the ingredients for the brocoli salad tonight at WalMart, and you'll have it as soon as you get back to Mississippi!! Give my sweet Elyse some sugar and my precious baby brother a big hug for me. We miss you more and more each day! Looking forward to seeing you and continuing to pray for your recovery.
    Love you so much,
    Dana
    PS-Caleb LOVES the picture of Elyse in her gown and tennis shoes...he just giggled!! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lacey, It is good to hear from you and know that you are doing so well. Yes you do have a great man, great family and especially a beautiful baby girl.....lots to be thankful for and I am so thankful that you will not have the pain that you have had for the past 12 years. Praying for your continued recovery and homecoming. Mighty is our God!!! Love Ya'll---
    Karen Byrd

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't hold back a few tears reading your entry. It was so good to know that you were able to do it! On a side note, let me recommend Famous Dave's BBQ. We went to Minneapolis in October and had some wonderful bbq there. I know you are really ready to get to eating! You, Jeremy, and Elyse are in my prayers daily, and I know God is blessing every day. Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lacey & Jeremy:
    You have blessed my heart so much. Both of you are so strong in your faith. Each day brings tears to my eyes when I read your posts. It is a reminder that we serve a mighty God and he answers our prayers. Thank you, Jeremy, for keeping us updated on Lacey's progress. We will continue to uplift prayers for all of you. Hope to read soon that you are headed back to Mississippi. Take care!
    Kaye Burnett (Sarah's mom)--Columbus, MS

    ReplyDelete
  5. God is great and faithful. So thankful for you. Look forward to seeing you soon.
    Melissa Holland

    ReplyDelete