Monday, November 2, 2009

update

Central line in neck is out and they have successfully inserted a picc line into Lacey's right arm. TPN will continue through the picc line. She has had more fluid intake today and continues without nausea, which is rare for this post-surgical period. They are stopping her IV insulin today and will give her minimal amounts insulin in a shot to see how she does. Seems like her transplanted islets are really beginning to do their job and doctors remain very hopeful that she will not need insulin in the days to come. She has had more pain today and it seems that it stems from the amount of activity she had yesterday with the shower and walking more than usual. She is resting now and continues to make progress.

4 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord!! Every post just keeps getting better and better!! Love Yall!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank the Lord for His Wonderful Gifts of Grace and Mercy, strength and love.

    Harry

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to read more and more good news each day. You and Lacey are such an inspiration to me and so many others. I can't wait for ya'll to be home...we have a lot of celebrating to do!!! Give my baby girl sugar. Tell Lace to keep up the good work!! She is one strong woman!!
    Love ya'll and miss ya'll tons!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lacey,

    I'm extrememly happy to see that you are making so much progress each day. I have been checking the blog literally every few hours since I found out about it, but my husband and I went to Natchez this past weekend. We didn't have an internet connection from our cabin, but I was overjoyed when I saw the posts when I got back home. My eyes welled up with tears when I saw that you were able to sit up and play with your baby girl today. I would like to thank you and Jeremy both for sharing your story with everyone. I'm sure it has had an impact on many people...I know it has for me. You are such an inspiration and I pray that you continue to recover quickly and get to come home really soon! I am so proud of you!

    Love,

    Kim

    ReplyDelete